Nurturing your donors over time is no easy task, but starting off on the right foot is a critical component of donor engagement, especially for donors who are new to your organization. New donors are likely invested in the cause you support, but they may not be fully aware of the work you do or the available opportunities to engage with your organization. Here is an outline for you to use to onboard new donors via an effective email series.
Nurture New Donors Using this Onboarding Email Series Outline
Introduction and Friendly Welcome
- Express gratitude for new donors’ support
- Briefly introduce your organization’s mission and impact
- Highlight the importance of donors’ contributions and how it helps fulfill your mission
Your Impact in Action
- Share a success story or case study showcasing your organization’s work
- Highlight the specific outcomes achieved through donor contributions
- Illustrate the direct impact their support has on the lives of those served
Get to Know the Organization
- Introduce key members of your organization’s team
- Provide a brief overview of your organization’s history, milestones, and accomplishments
- Invite the donor to explore your organization’s website, social media channels, and other relevant resources
Exclusive Donor Benefits and Opportunities
- Explain any exclusive benefits or perks available to donors (e.g., access to special events, newsletters, updates)
- Emphasize the donor’s importance as a valued member of your organization’s community
- Encourage the donor to actively engage with your organization’s activities and initiatives
Thank You, Once Again!
- Reiterate gratitude for the donor’s support
- Emphasize the collective impact they are making alongside other supporters
- Express excitement about the journey ahead and clearly inform the new donor of how they can stay engaged in the coming weeks/months
We know how difficult it is to find new donors and maintain donor engagement over the long term. We hope this free resource is valuable to you and your team as you continue to press forward and advance your mission.
If you are looking to get a head start on your 2023 end-of-year fundraising, be sure to take a look at our End of Year Fundraising Checklist. Or subscribe to our newsletter for more valuable resources to help your organization accelerate its fundraising efforts in the weeks and months to come.